Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Power of His Presence

It is amazing to me the power of prayer and Gods Word. I have been in a season of my life where prayer and God's Word seem dry and ineffective. I have let this attitude overwhelm me even to the point where it was hard for me to pray or pick up His Word. As a result, frustration and anger started to well up inside of me. I tried to approach every sitution, circumstance, or problem through my own abilities only to end up more frustrated and angry. Given a few times of experiencing this I re-visited prayer and God' Word and in just one session in His presence a peace and unexpected joy filled my heart. Nothing has changed has far as my surroundings or situation but now I am approaching it through Gods eyes and with his strength. God might not change what you want him to change but when you spend time with Him, you find out that his presence is the priority and everything else is ineffective without His presence

No comments: