Thursday, September 20, 2007

Standing on Grace

This past week I have neglected God's Word and my prayer time with him. It was not that I have a beef to pick with God or I am mad at him, but I let discouragement slip into my life from circumstances around me. Instead of fixing my eyes on Jesus and letting the things around me grow dim, I gazed on my circumstances and became discouraged and lethargic. I know his presence brings refreshing and renewal, but it seemed like my surroundings had a hold on me. It is in times like these I love the lyrics of a wonderful Rich Mullins song. "If I stand, let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through, and if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you". There are times when I am in God's Word, praying, and I feel like I am invincible and more than a conqueror. In those times I hold fast to every promise in God's Word. In times like these though, I am glad I can fall on God's grace and say sorry to him and ask him to pull me through when I don't have the strength to do it on my own. His grace is enough and will always be enough when we neglect him or seem to pull away a little bit. The great thing about God is that we can come back to him and he treats us like we were never gone. He is an amazing Daddy and I am glad he holds no grudges, no record of wrongs, or a list of my shortcomings.

No comments: